Profile & Contact
- May 2014: Bepakt was founded on the idea to design products to make bring-your-own-container-shopping easier. This is still my long-term goal. (Now in 2017, Bepakt is mainly operated by me alone, Rutger Muller).
- July 2014: Executing a Customer Survey. We visited visited Robuust (Antwerp, Belgium) and executed an on-site customer survey research, using iPads, to learn about the wishes of the customers and the shop.
- August 2014: Start of online research of (European) Packaging-Free Shops.
- September 2014: Thijs van Engeland designed the Bepakt logo and Rutger Muller designed the elementary beginning of ‘bepakt.com‘.
- October 2014: Released the first Map of Packaging-Free Shops in West Europe.
View: facebook post with over 3000 views
- August 2015: Publication of our article on plastic pollution in landfills, sea, etc. Read: “Plastic Problems“
- September 2015: Visited and shopped at Bag & Buy (Utrecht, Netherlands) and Original Unverpackt (Berlin, Germany).
- November 2015: Published our indexed list of Innovative Packaging-Free shops and supermarkets, and their crowdfunding results. In the process we had contact with several very helpful shops.
- February 2016: Bepakt meets Richard Kleijn, of Mobitecture, to hear about his works with sustainable bamboo and hemp. Richard tips BioFutura (see next point).
- May 2016: Bepakt visits BioFutura (Rotterdam) to talk about developments in non-plastic / compostable food containers.
- July 2016: Bepakt (Rutger), BioFutura (Wouter Moekotte) and Thijs Maartens (C2C Certified) make an inspirational visit to Robuust in Antwerp.
- September 2016: Bepakt, Robuust and Unpackaged are featured on CNN. Watch “Trimming Your Waste“
[image: Bepakt surveying customers at Robuust, Antwerp]
- Jan-Feb-Mar 2017 (still work in progress): Big update to the shop index.
- Feb 2017: Brainstorm session in Amsterdam with Hilde Øvreeide of Råvarene – Din Zero Waste Kolonial (Bergen, Norway).
- May 2017: www.bepakt.com is now proudly sponsored by webhost Greenhost, which allows me to improve the website and process more data traffic.
Bepakt logo design:
Thijs Maartens of Cradle to Cradle Products Innovation Institute
Savina Istas of Robuust
Wouter Moekotte of BioFutura
Richard Kleijn of Mobitecture
Catherine Conway of Unpackaged