Since 2014, Bepakt (Dutch for “Packed”) has been researching the market of packaging-free supermarkets. Our plan is to help innovate this sector. Several ideas are in the pipeline. In the meantime, check out our…
- List of Packaging-Free Supermarkets
- Map of Packaging-Free Supermarkets
- List of Packaging-Free Crowdfunding Campaigns
And read our handy articles about..
And scroll further down for our company history…
[image: Bepakt surveying customers at Robuust, Antwerp]
- May 2014: Defining the Design Pillars. Bepakt was founded on the idea to design a sustainable food container to simplify packaging-free grocery shopping. We started to collect and research the most interesting (re-usable) containers currently on the market. We defined out design pillars: sustainably produced, light, foldable, leak-proof, food safe, bicycle friendly, plastic-free, and more..
- July 2014: Executing a Customer Survey. We visited visited Robuust (Antwerp, Belgium) and executed an on-site customer survey research, using iPads, to learn about the wishes of the customers and the shop.
- August 2014: Start of online research of (European) Packaging-Free Shops
- September 2014: Thijs van Engeland designed the Bepakt logo and Rutger Muller designed the elementary beginning of ‘bepakt.com‘.
- October 2014: Released the first Map of Packaging-Free Shops in West Europe.
View: facebook post with over 3000 views
- August 2015: Publication of our article on plastic pollution in landfills, sea, etc.
Read: “Plastic Problems“
- September 2015: Visited and shopped at…
– Bag & Buy (Utrecht, Netherlands)
– Original Unverpackt (Berlin, Germany).
- November 2015: Published our indexed list of Innovative Packaging-Free shops and supermarkets, and their crowdfunding results. In the process we had contact with several very helpful shops.
- February 2016: Bepakt meets Richard Kleijn, of Mobitecture, to hear about his works with sustainable bamboo and hemp. Richard tips BioFutura (see next point).
- May 2016: Bepakt visits BioFutura (Rotterdam) to talk about developments in non-plastic / compostable food containers.
- July 2016: Bepakt (Rutger), BioFutura (Wouter Moekotte) and Thijs Maartens (C2C Certified) make an inspirational visit to Robuust in Antwerp.
- September 2016: Bepakt, Robuust and Unpackaged are featured on CNN.
Watch “Trimming Your Waste“
- December 2016… update in progress